We offer 6 placements. (4 x 12-month hospital and 2 x 6-month hospital plus 6-month GP placements)
Our trainee pharmacists are integral members of the team and are supported by highly skilled foundation training tutors throughout the year.
As a trainee pharmacist you will:
• work alongside experienced pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and be given ample opportunities to apply your knowledge in practice
• follow a comprehensive structured foundation training programme which provides a strong grounding in clinical pharmacy. Training incorporates the opportunity to gain experience in medicines information, procurement and distribution, preparative services and quality assurance as well as dispensary
• follow a ward based clinical training programme throughout the year which includes ward visits with a wide range of clinical pharmacists. Additional training is provided by our specialist pharmacists in areas such as the Emergency Department, pre-admission clinics, cardiology, renal, respiratory, acute stroke, oncology and paediatrics
• spend one hour on an allocated ward every day undertaking clinical duties under the supervision of a named pharmacist
• undertake a 3 week cross sector placement in a community pharmacy and a short placement in the local mental health Trust
• participate in in-house seminars and teaching sessions designed to enhance learning
• take part in the University of East Anglia residential study programme
We hope you will join our friendly, hardworking team and choose to work in a fast-paced yet welcoming environment.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit contact: Allison Sims email@example.com Tel: 01603 286 286
The Pharmacy department
The Pharmacy department offers a fully comprehensive pharmaceutical service covering all aspects of pharmacy required for a large teaching hospital. This includes dispensary, stores, preparative services, medicines information, clinical, and quality services. The pharmacy team has been pivotal in implementing electronic prescribing on all wards across the Trust. The department has strong links with both the schools of pharmacy and medicine at the University of East Anglia.
The team consists of over 160 staff including 60 pharmacists. The department is also home to a large automated dispensing system (FRED). Pharmacy provides a ‘one stop’ dispensing service to wards and pharmacists are involved in specialist admission and discharge roles within the Trust, including the Emergency Department, orthopaedics and general surgery.
The Norfolk and Norwich University NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest NHS Trusts in the UK and aims to provide the best possible acute care for the tertiary catchment area of up to 822,500 people. The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, situated in Norwich, is a 1,200 bed teaching hospital with state-of-the-art facilities for modern patient care. The Trust also runs Cromer Hospital on the North Norfolk coast.
Our values guide the behaviour of everything we do. Our values are:
People-focused – We look after the needs of our patients, carers and colleagues, to provide a safe and caring experience for all.
Respect – We act with care, compassion and kindness and value others’ diverse needs.
Integrity – We take an honest, open and ethical approach to everything we do.
Dedication – We work as one team and support each other to maintain the highest professional standards.
Excellence – We continuously learn and improve to achieve the best outcomes for our patients and our hospital
Trust name: Norfolk & Norwich University NHS Foundation Trust
Site: Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Contact details: Allison Sims firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01603 286 286
All Band 6 pharmacist posts at this hospital are advertised on: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/