We offer 3 placements (2 x 12-month hospital placements and 1 x 9-month hospital placement plus 13-weeks in HM Prison Service)
Our trainees are valued members of our team and will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following specialist areas:
• Inpatient facilities in Norfolk and Suffolk
• Crisis resolution and home treatment
• Psychiatric intensive care unit
• Older people and dementia
• Forensic services
• Drugs and alcohol
• Wellbeing services
• Medicine information (Psychiatry)
The programme consists of two placements: six months based in Norwich at our Hellesdon Hospital site and six months based in Ipswich at our St Clements site, with a change in base during the 27th week.
During your placements you will:
• Achieve all dispensary competencies within our mental health trust
• Work alongside our specialist clinical pharmacists participating in the multidisciplinary teams on the wards
• Support and deliver medicines management and clinical services to service users and staff
• Complete your cross sector placements, a four-week community pharmacy placement and a two-week acute hospital placement
We hope you will apply to our highly motivated and clinical pharmacy team and we look forward to welcoming you to Norfolk and Suffolk.
If you would like a printable PDF about this hospital then you can download a PDF leaflet here.
The Pharmacy department
We are an award winning pharmacy service, employing 48 staff over three bases : Hellesdon Hospital in Norwich, St Clement’s Hospital in Ipswich and Wedgewood Unit in Bury St Edmunds.
Some of the innovative services offered by our department include a unique lithium database, one-stop clozapine clinics, automated individualised dispensing, peer-reviewed medicines information service, regular patient medicine education sessions, medicines reconciliation and undergraduate teaching at the UEA.
The Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT) provides inpatient and community based mental health services across Norfolk and Suffolk and is one of the largest mental health care trusts in the country.
In some of our localities, we are also commissioned to provide substance misuse and
learning disability services, along with specialist services such as forensic secure services and
Michael Scott, NSFT Chief Executive, said:
Our values reflect what all of us believe will make the most positive difference to the care we offer to others and to the way we work with one another within our Trust.
Trust name: Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
Site: Hellesdon Hospital, Norwich
Contact details: Anwen Metastasio (Foundation Training Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01603 421212
Or Sue Galloway Email: (Sue.email@example.com)
All band 6 pharmacist posts at this hospital are advertised on: https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/